Updated: Apr 9
What if I told you that you could still enjoy a nice chocolate mousse for dessert and make it super nutritious?
Yes, this is possible and the recipe is super easy. It will only take you 5 minutes!
- 2 ripe medium avoados or 1 large, peeled and pitted
- 2 tbsp of cacao powder or 1/4 cup of cocoa powder*
- 75-100g of dark chocolate (70% or more)
- 4-5 tbsp of milk of your choice - I've used unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 -3 tbsp of honey or maple/agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Optional ingredients (makes it richer but also more calorie-dense):
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened peanut butter - for a slight nutty taste
- 1-2 tb of coconut cream - if you want to make it super creamy and rich
- toppings: grounded nuts or some shredded coconut
- 2-3 tb of lemon juice - to be used if you ever find the taste of the avocado to overpower the chocolate
Equipment: a blender
Melt the dark chocolate using any of these 3 methods. I melted my chocolate over the stove.
Mix all ingredients and blend for 1-2 minutes.
Transfer to your bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes to 2 hours before serving.
When serving the mousse, you can top it up with some grounded nuts or some coconut.
- Avocado makes this dish super nutritious, as it contains plenty of healthy fats and fibre that will help to protect your heart