Breakfast in 10 is a series of articles where I teach you tasty and nutritious breakfasts that you can make in 10 minutes (no jokes!). This week we're looking at Overnight Oats.
Ever dreamt of having dessert for breakfast? Yes, it's possible and bonus point, it's super easy and quick to make.
Overnight oats are one of my favourite make-ahead breakfast to take on-the-go on busy mornings.
Instead of skipping breakfast, learn to make delicious overnight oats. Are you ready to start?
HOW TO MAKE CHOCO OVERNIGHT OATS IN JAR
2-4 tb of Rolled oats (1/4-1/2 cup)
1 tb of Grated coconut
1 tb of Dried raisins
1/2 - 1 tb of cocoa or cacao powder
1/2 cup of milk of your choice
Optional: honey and peanut butter
No special equipment needed, just a jar with a lid and a tablespoon.
1. Use an empty jar, you can reuse any old jars you have (ie. jam jars). Recycling is cheaper, super trendy and is awesome for the environment!
2. Add 2-4 tablespoons of oats.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of dried raisins and 1 tablespoon of grated coconut for added natural sweetness.
4. Add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of cocoa or cacao powder - if you like dark chocolate, add the full tablespoon otherwise stick to half tablespoon.
5. Fill up with your milk of choice and mix well.